Discussion group – Monday April 20st, 2015, 6:30
Seeding the Discussion: Earth-Based Spirituality: An Indigenous Paradigm, Christopher Peters (Pohlik-lah/Karuk), (26:00 min)
- Sacred food: sharing and honoring fruits, nuts, tea and red wine (you can bring organic fruits or nuts)
- Mindful listening: Nargan – A Cave Inhabited by Spirits (Traditional ritual music from Australia) – 7 min
- Talking stick circle: tell us what ‘the sacred’ means to you (you can prepare a written paragraph)
- Open discussion – Leads:
- As eco-activists on Salish land, should we be knowledgeable of ‘Indian Laws’ and indigenous sacred spaces? Are we at risk of colonizing the sacred?
- How to create interfaith sacred spaces: who’s images, sculptures, musics, language, symbolism?
- How to bring Indigenous’ voice to our group?
- Closing: Mindful listening